December 24, 2009
Cookies for Santa
After you tuck the kids in bed
It's time to make sure Santa gets fed
Whip up a batch of chocolate chip cookies
You don't want him to think you're a rookie.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
After you're finished wrapping last minute presents on Christmas Eve, don't forget to whip Santa up a batch of delicious organic chocolate chip cookies. Pair it with an ice cold glass of (organic) milk and he'll be sure to leave something nice under your tree.
• 8 oz. (2 sticks) organic butter, softened
• 1/2 cup organic brown sugar
• 3/4 cup organic sugar
• 2 extra-large organic eggs
• 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
• 2 cups organic all-purpose flour
• 2 tsp. baking soda
• 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
• Organic white or semi-sweet chocolate chips (more or less depending on how much you like)
• Optional - Chopped pecans, walnuts or macadamia nuts
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine softened butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Mix until a creamy texture appears.
• In a different bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt together. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture until completely combined.
• Add the chocolate chips and or nuts for a personalized batch. Then bake for 9-11 minutes on an ungreased baking sheet.
• Leave by the tree for you and Santa to enjoy!
Whole Foods shows food lovers how to turn all of their favorite meals and treats into healthy and organic options.
SunSpire Chocolates can supply all your organic chocolate needs whether it be for Santa or just a treat for yourself.