March 9, 2010
we've got some great news,
Now you can extend
the life of your shoes!
If you don't have a dog at home chewing up your laces, the first thing that usually goes on your favorite pair is the sole. When the insides of our shoes are uncomfortable or worn out, we regretfully toss them aside and head to the shoe store. But even with Buy One, Get One Half-Off sales and discount stores abound, every pair of shoes racks up, and every pair you dispose of grows a landfill even bigger.
- These days, many people don't have time to seek out the nearest shoe repair shop. However, a company called resole.com offers a mail-order service to fix several brands of shoes.
- Using the site is a simple 3-step process. First you locate your shoe brand, then you print out a UPS Shipping Label from the site and send off your shoes. Finally, within 8 to 10 business days, you'll have your shoes back with new soles!
- Depending on the type of shoe and repair needed, you can generally get away with spending between 15 and 70 bucks, cheaper than buying a new quality pair of footwear.
- Resole.com not only resoles your every-day shoes, but also sells hard-to-find shoe accessories such as Birkenstock buckles and leg lifts, and offers affordable repair to fire rescue boots as well as military boots!
- With resole.com you're not flat-out wasting resources. Think about it: to buy new shoes, you have to grab your car, polluting the air with carbon emissions. Then you generate a receipt, a cardboard shoe box, packing materials and a plastic shopping bag...what will you do with them?
If your shoes are beyond repair, check out Simple Shoes for a more sustainable option.
The Shoe Service Institute of America can help you locate a reputable shoe repair shop near you.