April 28, 2010
Green Your Office
Working all day long,
Cuz we have bills to pay,
Keep the Earth strong,
Green your office today!
Whether you are an employee or a boss, greening your workplace will not only lighten your ecological footprint, but also translates into profits and peace of mind. There are many different green products and services that can be incorporated into a business's structure; however one of the most important aspects is to modify your mindset and everyday behavior.
- Save Power: Be sure to turn off lights, computers, computer peripherals, and other appliances when not in use. This includes using power strips and setting your computers to energy-saving mode.
- Save Paper: When purchasing paper for your office, choose recycled paper made from post-consumer content, which uses the least amount of chlorine bleaching. Also be sure to try and print on both sides of the page when appropriate.
- Save Gas: Reduce our greenhouse gas emissions and our reliance on oil by carpooling, taking public transit, biking, or walking to work. Many companies have taken this idea a step further by allowing their employees to telecommute from home.
- Bring Your Own: From lunchtime to your morning coffee, be sure to bring your own lunch, reusable lunch container, and reusable cup or water bottle. This will eliminate the mountains of waste from cups, utensils, plates, napkins, and other packaging materials.
- Workplace Design: Easy green modifications to your existing office include the incorporation of sustainable furniture, energy efficient lighting, and enhanced air quality. This can lead to better health, satisfaction, and productivity.
Green Planet details more ways you can go green at work.
The Green Office is an online store offering green office supplies.