June 23, 2010
Don't you think,
We use sugar a lot,
It's in most drinks,
Both cold and hot.
Gimme Some Sugar
We all enjoy a cool, refreshing soft drink, but these popular beverages are full of sugar. In addition to throwing off the body's homeostasis, excessive sugar intake may result in a number of significant health consequences. Below you will find a list of popular beverages and the amount of sugar they contain.
- 12 oz can of Coca-Cola = 39 grams of sugar
- 7 Eleven 22 oz. Big Gulp = 91 grams of sugar
- 20 oz bottle of Mountain Dew = 77 grams of sugar
- 8.3 oz can of Red Bull Energy Drink = 27 grams of sugar
- 20 oz bottle of Vitamin Water = 33 grams of sugar
- 20 oz bottle of Sobe = 70 grams of sugar
- 24 oz can of Arizona Lemon Ice Tea = 72 grams of sugar
Sugar Stacks has an extensive list of the amount of sugar in beverages and foods.
Low sugar healthy snacks for kids. We wouldn't let our kids eat sugar straight from the sugar bowl. But we tend not to think about the sugar hiding in the other things they eat and drink.